Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged OCS
- Comments to the Mineral Management Service regarding Seismic Activity
- In March 2009, NRDC submitted comments to MMS regarding the environmental effects of multiple geological and geophysical exploration activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf. A Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for these seismic activities is required by the National Environmental Policy Act, and sets forth several recommendations to MMS for consideration in the PEIS. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Mysterious Atlantic Coast ocean oases host newfound marine life, and vibrant and diverse corals
- posted by Ali Chase, 12/10/14
- Sturgeon Rescue: Under Settlement, Federal Government Will Designate Critical Habitat For Imperiled Atlantic Sturgeon
- posted by Brad Sewell, 11/27/14
- Threat to Cabo Pulmo National Park from Cabo Cortés project re-emerges
- posted by Carolina Herrera, 10/22/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.