Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged OCS
- Comments to the Mineral Management Service regarding Seismic Activity
- In March 2009, NRDC submitted comments to MMS regarding the environmental effects of multiple geological and geophysical exploration activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf. A Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for these seismic activities is required by the National Environmental Policy Act, and sets forth several recommendations to MMS for consideration in the PEIS. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Court of Appeals Upholds California Shark Fin Ban
- posted by Seth Atkinson, 7/28/15
- Fabulous New Ocean Acidification Sensors from the Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health X-Prize
- posted by Lisa Suatoni, 7/21/15
- Happy Fifth Birthday, National Ocean Policy!
- posted by Ali Chase, 7/15/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.