Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged dolphins
- Go Below the Surface of the Gulf Oil Disaster
An interactive guide to the Gulf spill's effects on one of the most productive marine ecosystems in the world
- It appears that only a fraction of the millions of gallons of crude oil that have flooded into the Gulf of Mexico rises to the surface. A lot of the oil remains dissolved or dispersed in the Gulf’s waters, contaminating one of the most productive marine ecosystems in the world. Go below the surface of the Gulf oil disaster with this interactive graphic.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- From Maine to Virginia, Carbon Pollution Limits Can Help Protect Shellfisheries
- posted by Susan Casey-Lefkowitz, 2/26/15
- Time to Speak UP, Show Up and Oppose Reckless Drilling Off of Our Coasts
- posted by Alexandra Adams, 2/9/15
- New Drilling Plan Puts Jersey Shore to Miami Beach and Wild Arctic at Risk
- posted by Peter Lehner, 1/27/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.