Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged fish
- Cabo Pulmo: Protecting Baja California's Thriving Coral Reef from Massive Tourism Development
- Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park, at the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, is home to the only living hard coral reef in the Gulf of California. Teeming with marine life, it is one of the healthiest marine reserves in the world. But Spanish developer Hansa Urbana plans to build a colossal tourism and real estate complex right next door, which would devastate the park's fragile ecosystem. To protect the reef and its marine life, NRDC is partnering with local and international groups in a multi-faceted campaign to stop Hansa Urbana and create a sustainable, long-term development plan for the area. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Mysterious Atlantic Coast ocean oases host newfound marine life, and vibrant and diverse corals
- posted by Ali Chase, 12/10/14
- Sturgeon Rescue: Under Settlement, Federal Government Will Designate Critical Habitat For Imperiled Atlantic Sturgeon
- posted by Brad Sewell, 11/27/14
- Threat to Cabo Pulmo National Park from Cabo Cortés project re-emerges
- posted by Carolina Herrera, 10/22/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.