Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged 60mpg
- Domestic Oil Drilling
Still Not a Solution to Rising Gas Prices
- More domestic oil drilling will have no effect on the current spike in gasoline prices. It’s time to move beyond our dependence on oil and seek alternatives such as clean energy and fuel efficiency.
Documents Tagged 60mpg in All Sections
- Electric Cars, Hybrids and Other Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
Getting tomorrow’s cars on the roads today will create jobs, cut fuel bills and air pollution, and reduce our dependence on oil.
- Focusing on fuel-efficiency and plug-in vehicles will help spur the innovation we need to make cleaner cars and trucks a critical part of a new, clean energy economy.
- High Gas Prices: Supply, Demand and the Oil Industry’s Monopoly on Transportation
Efficiency and Better Cars Will Fuel America Faster than Drilling
- With such a meager share of global oil, no amount of domestic drilling will make a dent in our dependence on foreign imports, despite what Big Oil would have us believe. The only way to take back control over our energy future is to move toward more efficient cars and trucks, cleaner fuels, and more transportation options for Americans.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Threat to Cabo Pulmo National Park from Cabo Cortés project re-emerges
- posted by Carolina Herrera, 10/22/14
- NRDC, Fishermen and Watershed Protection Groups Launch Legal Action to Protect Disappearing Blueback Herring
- posted by Brad Sewell, 10/17/14
- Bag Bans Will Keep Harmful Plastic Out of the Ocean
- posted by Peter Lehner, 10/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.