Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged canyons
- Deep Sea Treasures
Protecting the Atlantic Coast's Ancient Submarine Canyons and Seamounts
- Cut into the continental shelf off the Atlantic coast of the United States is a series of undersea canyons. Teeming with an astonishing variety and abundance of marine life, these canyons and seamounts are ocean oases. Swift action is needed to defend these ancient ecosystems now, before they suffer irreparable harm.
- Exploring the Atlantic's Ocean Oases
- Together with the Waitt Institute, the University of Connecticut, and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, NRDC has embarked on an exciting expedition to help catalogue the presence of rare deep sea corals and other life in several of the Georges Bank canyons and nearby seamounts that have never before been explored.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- What is the Republican agenda going forward? Waste energy and pollute waters.
- posted by Scott Slesinger, 4/15/15
- Report on the Implementation of the National Ocean Policy Shows Significant Progress, and Work Ahead
- posted by Ali Chase, 4/2/15
- NRDC Urges the New York Legislature to Support Our Ocean and Great Lakes
- posted by Ali Chase, 3/18/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.