Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged marine
- Deep Sea Treasures
Protecting the Atlantic Coast's Ancient Submarine Canyons and Seamounts
- Cut into the continental shelf off the Atlantic coast of the United States is a series of undersea canyons. Teeming with an astonishing variety and abundance of marine life, these canyons and seamounts are ocean oases. Swift action is needed to defend these ancient ecosystems now, before they suffer irreparable harm.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Unique and endangered: Why we need to protect the Gulf of Mexico's Bryde's whales now
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 9/18/14
- Even in Deepwater Canyons, America's Corals At Risk
- posted by Ali Chase, 8/18/14
- "No Blue, No Green" -- New Sylvia Earle Film Shows Power of Protecting Our Oceans
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 8/15/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.