Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged coastal marine spatial planning
- Ocean Blueprint
Stopping ocean sprawl with smart coastal and marine spatial planning
- Increased ocean activities, if not carried out wisely, will cause "ocean sprawl," further stressing these valuable resources and jeopardizing the food, jobs and recreation we need our oceans to provide. Coastal and marine spatial planning (CMSP) is a common sense process that allocates space in the oceans for various uses, identifying areas in which different uses make sense and other areas where ocean habitat needs protection.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- NRDC Advocate Named "Hero of the Seas" for Creating Underwater Parks
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 5/15/13
- Top 5 Benefits of AB 521
- posted by Brant Olson, 5/9/13
- A Brighter Blue Budget
- posted by Alexandra Adams, 4/26/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.