Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged ocean sprawl
- Ocean Blueprint
Stopping ocean sprawl with smart coastal and marine spatial planning
- Increased ocean activities, if not carried out wisely, will cause "ocean sprawl," further stressing these valuable resources and jeopardizing the food, jobs and recreation we need our oceans to provide. Coastal and marine spatial planning (CMSP) is a common sense process that allocates space in the oceans for various uses, identifying areas in which different uses make sense and other areas where ocean habitat needs protection.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Mysterious Atlantic Coast ocean oases host newfound marine life, and vibrant and diverse corals
- posted by Ali Chase, 12/10/14
- Sturgeon Rescue: Under Settlement, Federal Government Will Designate Critical Habitat For Imperiled Atlantic Sturgeon
- posted by Brad Sewell, 11/27/14
- Threat to Cabo Pulmo National Park from Cabo Cortés project re-emerges
- posted by Carolina Herrera, 10/22/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.