Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged marine plastics
- Waste in Our Waterways
Unveiling the Hidden Costs to Californians of Litter Clean-Up
- As revealed in a new report produced on behalf of the Natural Resources Defense Council by Kier Associates, California cities, towns, and tax payers, are shouldering $428 million per year in costs to stop litter from becoming pollution that harms the environment, tourism and other economic activity.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- The National Ocean Policy Turns Four
- posted by Ali Chase, 7/18/14
- Obama Takes Bold Action to Protect Marine Life in the Pacific Ocean
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 6/17/14
- Government Fails to Protect Great Hammerhead Shark
- posted by Brad Sewell, 6/13/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.