Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged mid-Atlantic
- Help Protect Our Ocean for the Future
- The Mid-Atlantic States' ocean waters face growing challenges, from pollution to loss of habitat and sometimes competing industrial uses. The offshore waters serve as migratory corridors for much ocean life, including endangered North Atlantic right whales, sea turtles and many fish species, yet they are an increasingly busy place.
Documents Tagged mid-Atlantic in All Sections
- What’s in Your Tank? Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States Need to Reject Tar Sands and Support Clean Fuels
- Oil industry plans could cause a dramatic increase in the use of tar sands-derived gasoline in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states, a shift that would move the region backwards in its efforts to fight climate change.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- NOAA Learns How to Cooperate on Shark Fins
- posted by Seth Atkinson, 2/5/14
- Submarines, Sonar, and the Death of Whales: NRDC Goes Back to Court Against Dangerous Navy Sonar
- posted by Joel Reynolds, 1/27/14
- Ocean Acidification: What is It, and Which Communities are at Risk?
- posted by Lisa Suatoni, 1/24/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.