Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged mapsSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged maps in All Sections
- Restoring the San Joaquin River
Revitalizing communities, resurrecting salmon populations, and catalyzing change in California water management
- In the 1940s, a giant dam nearly killed California's San Joaquin River and its legendary salmon run. A court ruling could bring the river back to life, restoring the salmon fishery, providing clean irrigation water for farms and improving drinking water quality for millions of Californians.
- Picturing Smart Growth
Visions for Sustainable Communities Across America
Cities and towns across the country are embracing smart growth as a better solution to meet the needs of their growing populations. Smart growth principles accommodate growth and development while saving open space, revitalizing neighborhoods and helping cool the planet. See visions created through photo-editing software for how 70 communities across the country could apply smart growth principles to improve their streets and neighborhoods.
- Whale Songs in the City
Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution and shipping traffic put them at risk
- Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution puts them at risk.
- New Orleans Environmental Quality Test Results
- Results of NRDC's monitoring for mold, contaminated soil, particulates and other substances of health concern in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Offshore Drilling: Dirty, Dangerous, and Unnecessary
- posted by Franz Matzner, 5/14/15
- New York Assembly Passes Strong Microbeads Bill to Reduce Plastic Pollution
- posted by Ali Chase, 4/29/15
- Members of Congress Take Action to Protect Coastal Communities from Risky Offshore Drilling and Worsening Climate Change Impacts
- posted by Alexandra Adams, 4/22/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.