Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged sulfur dioxideSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged sulfur dioxide in All Sections
- Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the U.S., 2013
- The Benchmarking project uses public data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States, and discusses market trends affecting the electric generating sector, including trends in fuel prices, technology developments, and environmental regulations.
- Coal Is Hazardous to Your Health
Coal-fired power plants threaten the environment and your health.
- Burning coal releases enormous amounts of harmful pollutants into the air and water, with serious health consequences. Waste generated by coal-fired power plants contains hazardous pollutants that can contaminate our drinking water and cause cancer, birth defects and reproductive problems. This index of fact sheets describes the health hazards of our continued reliance on coal.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
Bad air can bring on asthma attacks, even in healthy people; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks, even in healthy people; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- GAO says we'll pay a high price for lack of climate preparedness
- posted by Aliya Haq, 5/16/13
- How Are California's Existing Water Management Issues Impacted by Climate Change?
- posted by Ben Chou, 5/15/13
- Lessons Learned in the Wake of Sandy: Saving Transit Means Taking the High Ground--Literally
- posted by Theo Spencer, 5/14/13