Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged consequences
- Global Warming Basics
What it is, how it's caused, and what needs to be done to stop it.
- Answers to questions including: What causes global warming? How can we cut global warming pollution?
- Consequences of Global Warming
- A hotter planet means dirtier air and water, more severe floods and droughts, more wildfires and other serious consequences.
- In Hot Water: Water Management Strategies to Weather the Effects of Global Warming
Water Management Strategies to Weather the Effects of Global Warming
- Drought and dry conditions withering the western United States are likely to persist and intensify, jeapordizing the region's water supply and water quality, compromising the health of rivers and lakes, and increasing the risk of flooding for Western communities. This NRDC report breaks new ground by analyzing the effects of global warming on a full range of water management tools and offering recommendations to meet the challenge.
- Global Warming Science: An Annotated Bibliography
A summary of recent findings on the changing global climate.
- In recent years, scientists have added considerably to the large body of evidence that shows that human activity is changing the global climate, raising temperatures and affecting ecosystems around the world.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Post-Warsaw Op-Ed: How to Spur 'Green Growth' in India
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 12/4/13
- Renewable Energy Offers Best Hope, Not Threat
- posted by Noah Long, 12/4/13
- Study shows California can meet its climate goals
- posted by Peter Miller, 12/3/13