Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged Hurricane Katrina
- Hurricane Irene & Climate Change
- Extreme weather such as droughts, floods, wildfires, and hurricanes will likely become more severe and more devastating as the climate continues to change.
Documents Tagged Hurricane Katrina in All Sections
- Our Work in the Gulf
- Since 2005, NRDC has been working to support Gulf communities to protect their health and environment. In the wake of the BP oil disaster, we remain committed to pushing for a full recovery of the rich ecological, cultural, and economic centers in the Gulf of Mexico. Through our Gulf Coast Resource Center we will work to ensure that neither the stories of this disaster nor the lessons we can learn from it are lost.
- New Orleans Environmental Quality Test Results
- Results of NRDC's monitoring for mold, contaminated soil, particulates and other substances of health concern in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina.
- Rebuilding New Orleans
- In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, a team of health and environmental specialists from NRDC has been working with the people of New Orleans to ensure their safe recovery from the disaster.
- Katrina’s Wake: Arsenic-Laced Schools and Playgrounds Put New Orleans Children at Risk
- When Hurricane Katrina tore through New Orleans in August 2005, the levee failures inundated the city -- particularly its most vulnerable neighborhoods -- with a hazardous sea of fuel, sewage and chemicals. This August 2007 issue paper reveals that people in New Orleans were returning home to communities that have not been adequately cleaned up, and offers solutions on a federal and local level for charting a safer course for New Orleans.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- New scorecard reveals polluter attacks against renewable energy
- posted by Aliya Haq, 7/28/15
- New document streamlines negotiating text for Paris, as groundswell of climate action continues
- posted by Han Chen, 7/27/15
- ALEC and polluters release new, uninspired schemes to block climate action
- posted by Aliya Haq, 7/22/15