Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged flooding
- Feeling the Heat in Florida
Global Warming on the Local Level
- Accelerated climate change may seem like a remote concern to most Floridians, but in fact, global warming threatens the beautiful coastal communities and tourist-driven prosperity the state is known for. This October 2001 NRDC report finds that global warming in Florida will lead to coastal floods, saltwater contamination of underground drinking water supplies, more frequent wildfires, declining crop yields, and severe deterioration of the state's unique Everglades and coral-reef ecosystems. While the worst effects won't come for several decades, the report makes it clear that state officials should begin preparing now and reduce the pollution that causes global warming.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Brazil first developing country to submit an absolute emissions target for 2025
- posted by Han Chen, 10/2/15
- India Steps Forward with Climate Targets on Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 10/2/15
- India Commits to Accelerate Clean Energy and Climate Action, Clearing Path to Paris Climate Talks
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 9/30/15