Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged oil
- Testimony of George Peridas on "Spinning Straw Into Black Gold: Enhanced Oil Recovery Using Carbon Dioxide"
- Written testimony of George Peridas, Ph.D., Science Fellow, Climate Center, Natural Resources Defense Council, submitted to the Natural Resources Committee, Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, Unites States House of Representatives hearing on "Spinning Straw Into Black Gold: Enhanced Oil Recovery Using Carbon Dioxide," June 12th, 2008.
- Safeguarding Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
- Oil and gas drilling, coal mining and invasive development are combining with global warming's effects to wreak havoc on Alaska's vast, remote Arctic landscape. NRDC is working with Alaskan Native communities to protect this wilderness area and the whales, bears and other diverse wildlife that depend on it.
Documents Tagged oil in All Sections
- Environmental Risks with Proposed Offshore Oil and Gas Development off Alaska’s North Slope
- In August 2012, Royal Dutch Shell Oil (Shell) plans to begin exploratory drilling in the Arctic Ocean off Alaska's northern coast. This paper argues that drilling and related industrial activity would create an unacceptable risk of irreparable damage to this unique part of the planet and should be postponed until comprehensive research can be performed and a credible system for responding to spills is put into place.
- Arctic Wildlife Refuge: Why Trash an American Treasure for a Tiny Percentage of Our Oil Needs?
Drilling for oil in America's premier wildlife sanctuary would deface the pristine landscape and threaten Alaskan wildlife.
- Drilling for oil in America's premier wildlife sanctuary would deface the pristine landscape and threaten Alaskan wildlife.
- Fighting Oil Addiction
Ranking States' Gasoline Price Vulnerability and Solutions for Change
- To curb America's perilous addiction to oil, we need effective government policies that will increase the availability of efficient vehicles and clean fuels and that will promote smart growth and public transit. This November 2012 paper updates NRDC's research identifying the states that are most vulnerable to spikes in oil prices -- and those states that are doing the most to break their addiction to oil.
- Cleaner Fuels
It’s time to move beyond oil and develop cleaner fuels to run America’s cars, trucks and buses.
- Running our cars and trucks on cleaner fuels like biofuels and electricity, and stopping dirty alternatives, is a critical part of developing a new energy economy.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Dept of Energy and Gov't Watchdog: Climate Change Serious Threat to America's Basic Infrastructure
- posted by Theo Spencer, 3/7/14
- New Jersey Must Consider Climate Change Risks in Recovery Programs
- posted by Ben Chou, 3/6/14
- Three months before they see even a draft, ALEC and polluters are opposing carbon pollution limits
- posted by Aliya Haq, 2/20/14