Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged Climate Security Act
- Legislative Analysis (Historical): The Climate Security Act, aka the Lieberman-Warner Bill
- In June 2008, the U.S. Senate voted on but did not pass legislation to address the climate crisis. This page compiles NRDC analyses of many aspects of that bill. See also our analyses of the current legislation and the benefits of cap-and-trade policies.
- Testimony of David Hawkins on America's Climate Security Act of 2007
- Testimony of David Hawkins, Director, Climate Center, Natural Resources Defense Council, before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, United States Senate, Hearing on America's Climate Security Act of 2007, S. 2191, November 13, 2007.
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke on America's Climate Security Act
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke, President, Natural Resources Defense Council, before the Subcommittee on Public and Consumer Solutions to Global Warming and Wildlife Protection, Committee on Environment and Public Works, United States Senate, Hearing on America's Climate Security Act, October 24, 2007.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- International Climate Update Feb '14: US announces domestic actions on HFCs, countries preparing for Paris 2015, new deforestation tool
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 3/10/14
- Dept of Energy and Gov't Watchdog: Climate Change Serious Threat to America's Basic Infrastructure
- posted by Theo Spencer, 3/7/14
- New Jersey Must Consider Climate Change Risks in Recovery Programs
- posted by Ben Chou, 3/6/14