Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged national parks
- Great Lakes National Parks in Peril
The Threats of Climate Disruption
- Human disruption of the climate is the greatest threat ever to America's national parks. This report details the particular threats that a changed climate poses to our Great Lakes national parks -- those within the lakes or on their shores.
- National Parks in Peril
The Threats of Climate Change
- America's national parks are some of the most spectacular and treasured places in the country. But these wild landscapes are confronting the greatest threat in their history – global warming. Rising temperatures are wreaking havoc in some of the nation's most pristine areas, and will continue to do so if we don't act quickly.
- Losing Ground: Western National Parks Endangered by Climate Disruption
- National parks in the American West face an unprecedented threat from climate change. Rising temperatures, prolonged drought, severe wildfires and diminished snowfall are already affecting these parks; without action to curb climate change, cherished Western landscapes could be drastically altered.
Documents Tagged national parks in All Sections
- National Parks off the Beaten Path
Great peak-season vacation alternatives to five popular National Parks.
- Want to go to the Grand Canyon or Cape Cod, but can't stand the thought of the crowds or the traffic? NRDC parks experts offer advice on lesser-known spots where you can find everything you're looking for in a vacation, except the celebrated names.
- U.S. Public Lands
- The more than 726 million acres of U.S. public lands include familiar places like Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. They also encompass equally spectacular but lesser-known treasures -- including those pictured here -- ranging from the White Mountains of New Hampshire to California's Redwood National Park.
- America's National Parks
- Established in 1872 with the creation of Yellowstone, our national park system today covers more than 83 million acres of parks, lakeshores, seashores, scenic rivers and trails, and recreation areas. Pictured here is a sampling of our national parks.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- New National Research Council Study Delivers Roadmap to Put Electric Cars into Fast Lane
- posted by Roland Hwang, 4/22/15
- US Can and Must Rise to the Global Challenge of Climate Change
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 4/17/15
- Putting Heat Adaptation Plans into Action: Ahmedabad Shares Lessons with Leading Indian Cities
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 4/15/15