Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged Chile
- NRDC in Latin America
- NRDC works with partners on the ground in Latin American countries to help develop sustainable solutions to pressing challenges, including protecting natural resources, meeting development goals, and supplying enough energy, food and services for growing populations.
Documents Tagged Chile in All Sections
- Clean Energy in Chile
Powering Chile’s Future with Renewables and Efficiency
- Chile can meet its energy demands in the coming decades through a variety of "non-conventional renewable energy" (NCRE) sources and energy efficiency technologies supplementing its existing generation base.
- Protecting Patagonia
Opposing Destructive Hydroelectric Dams and Promoting Sustainable Energy in Chile
- Chile's Patagonia is home to the snow-capped Andes, dense temperate rainforests, lush valleys and meadows, abundant marine and bird species, and traditional communities living a low-impact lifestyle. All of these could be devastated if a proposed hydro-electric complex called HidroAysén is constructed on two of the last free-flowing rivers in the world.
- Stopping the Massive HidroAysén Dam Project to Protect Patagonia’s Natural Heritage
- Chile’s Patagonia is one of the last untouched regions left on the planet. Among its lush fjords, dense rainforests, snow-capped glaciers, and powerful wild rivers, local communities live with a rich traditional culture. Yet, this unspoiled region and its communities are threatened by plans for a massive hydroelectric complex called HidroAysén that would dam two of Patagonia’s largest and wildest rivers. HidroAysén’s environmental review was deeply flawed and the Chilean public is strongly against the project. The project is simply not a wise investment. Get document in pdf.
- Chile's Clean Energy Future
Biomass, Biogas, Geothermal, Small Hydro, and Wind are Affordable Choices Now and Solar is Not Far Behind
- Chile can meet its demand in the coming decades through a variety of "non-conventional renewable energy" (NCRE) sources and energy efficiency technologies supplementing its existing generation base. But this will only be possible if Chile strengthens its renewable energy and energy efficiency policies to remove existing barriers and more effectively promote these sectors.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- California Formalizes Big Energy Efficiency Step - Now the Hard Work Begins
- posted by Lara Ettenson, 10/7/15
- HFC Super-Pollutants: NRDC Petitions EPA to "SNAP" Away Powerful Heat-Trapping Chemicals
- posted by David Doniger, 10/6/15
- A Letter from the Future on Climate Change
- posted by Shelley Poticha, 10/6/15