Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged U.S.
- New Nuclear Power Plants Are Not a Solution for America’s Energy Needs
- New nuclear power plants are unlikely to provide a significant fraction of future U.S. needs for low-carbon energy. NRDC favors more practical, economical and environmentally sustainable approaches to reducing both U.S. and global carbon emissions, focusing on the widest possible implementation of end-use energy-efficiency improvements, and on policies to accelerate commercialization of clean, flexible, renewable energy technologies.
Documents Tagged U.S. in All Sections
- Estimates of the U.S. Nuclear Weapons Stockpile, 2007 and 2012
- This fact sheet, which challenges the U.S. government’s secrecy over the size of its nuclear weapons stockpile and the number of dismantled nuclear weapons, estimates that the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile currently includes approximately 9,930 nuclear warheads, and that the stockpile will decline to about 5,040 by the end of 2012.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- California Leads on Reducing Methane Emissions from Oil & Gas Operations
- posted by Briana Mordick, 2/5/16
- Will McConnell Swallow Inhofe's Climate Denial Bait?
- posted by Pete Altman, 1/28/16
- Good News: China's Dropping Coal Consumption Is Putting the Brakes on Global Carbon Emissions
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 1/27/16