Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged economy
- Repowering America: Building a Bridge from Crisis to a New Energy Economy
- The global financial crisis presents challenges for the U.S. economy unlike any seen in generations. While spending alone will not deliver us from this difficult period of slowing economic activity, smart and targeted investment in repowering America can. We can create millions of jobs, improve our energy security, and reduce the harmful effects of climate change by putting a price on carbon emissions and investing in the industries that will form the base of our clean energy future. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged economy in All Sections
- More Jobs, Less Pollution
Growing the Recycling Economy in the U.S.
- Rebuilding for a Clean Energy Economy
Congress and the New Administration Can Create Jobs Through Renewable Energy
- There has been a lot of bad news about the economy in recent months. But now some good news: America can generate millions of high-paying jobs and create a cleaner environment with one win-win solution—renewable energy. Ramping up renewable energy will bring new jobs to U.S. workers and address the increasingly urgent need for action on global warming. Congress and the new administration should move quickly to pass strong climate legislation that will set a science-based declining cap on global warming pollution and create a new market for clean energy that will put people to work. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Long Beach City Council to review the Port's decision to Export Coal
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 8/18/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 8/15/14
- Council on Environmental Quality Declares Climate Change Already Covered in Environmental Impact Review, No New Regulations Needed
- posted by David Doniger, 8/13/14