Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged cap 2.0
- Comprehensive Clean Energy and Climate Legislation Will Bring More Jobs, a Stronger Economy, and Less Pollution
- America’s past experience with establishing regulations to curb pollution provides every reason to believe that enacting comprehensive climate and energy legislation will not only bring environmental and health benefits, but will also unlock technological innovation and boost our economy. Since the nation’s first comprehensive environmental laws in the 1970s, hundreds of dangerous pollutants have been regulated, providing valuable health benefits from reduced exposure to certain toxic chemicals. At the same time, tens of thousands of jobs per year were created in the environmental protection industry, GDP more than tripled, and average household income grew by more than 45 percent. This impressive history of prosperity can be repeated with comprehensive clean energy and climate legislation. Without it, however, the United States will miss out on new employment opportunities and be left behind in the growing world market that rewards green innovation. Get document in pdf.
- S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act
- Testimony of David Hawkins, Director of Climate Programs, NRDC, before the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, Oct 29, 2009. Get document in pdf.
- A Clean Energy Bargain
More Jobs, Less Global Warming Pollution, and Greater Security for Less Than the Cost of a Postage Stamp a Day
- The United States took an important step toward economic recovery, environmental protection, and energy security when the House of Representatives passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES). This sound climate and clean energy legislation will protect the planet for less than the cost of a postage stamp a day per household, and represents a great investment in America's future — now it's up to the Senate to turn this bill into a law.
- Analysis of H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES)
- An analysis of H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES), outlining the potential of the legislation for creating millions of jobs, breaking our dependence on oil, and reducing the pollution that causes global warming. The analysis also includes suggestions for strengthening this critically important legislation. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- State and Power Company Support for EPA's First-Ever Carbon Pollution Limits
- posted by Pete Altman, 1/29/15
- Obama and Modi Signal a Shift Towards Action on a Global Climate Deal
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/27/15
- 2014 Record Temperatures Put the Heat on Congress's Climate Deniers
- posted by David Doniger, 1/19/15