Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged ocean pollution
- Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification
- ACID TEST, a film produced by NRDC, was made to raise awareness about the largely unknown problem of ocean acidification, which poses a fundamental challenge to life in the seas and the health of the entire planet. Like global warming, ocean acidification stems from the increase of carbon dioxide in the earth’s atmosphere since the start of the Industrial Revolution.
- Ocean Acidification: The Other CO2 Problem
Increased carbon dioxide is changing the chemistry of the earth’s oceans, threatening marine life
- Over the last decade, scientists have discovered that increased CO2 is actually changing the chemistry of the sea and proving harmful for many forms of marine life. This process is known as ocean acidification. A more acidic ocean could wipe out species, disrupt the food web and impact fishing, tourism and any other human endeavor that relies on the sea.
Documents Tagged ocean pollution in All Sections
- Solutions to Plastic Pollution in our Oceans
- Plastic can be found in every ocean and waterway on the planet, even in places uninhabited by humans. This toxic garbage is wreaking havoc on marine ecosystems. Unless we take immediate action, the damage will only get worse.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Indian Heat Action Plan and Video Spotlight Climate Adaptation Efforts
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 10/2/14
- Modi-Obama Summit Forges a Greener US-India Partnership
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 10/1/14
- Lots of Energy in the US-India Partnership
- posted by Avinash Kar, 9/30/14