Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged fuel
- Cultivating Clean Energy
The Promise of Algae Biofuels
- Algae-derived gasoline, diesel and jet fuel sound like the imaginings of science fiction, but a growing number of entrepreneurs, investors, academics, and policy makers are working to develop the technologies needed to provide large quantities of biofuels with potentially minimal environmental impacts. This NRDC report takes the big picture view by creating a framework for understanding the environmental challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for this nascent industry.
- Testimony on California’s Proposed Low-Carbon Fuel Standard
- Testimony of Roland J. Hwang, NRDC's Transportation Program Director, at the Senate Transportation and Housing Committee informational hearing on California's Proposed Low-Carbon Fuel Standard, March 16, 2009. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged fuel in All Sections
- Forests Not Fuel
Burning Trees for Energy Increases Carbon Pollution and Destroys Our Forests
- Forests purify our air and water, control soil erosion, foster biodiversity, provide habitats for wildlife, and serve as carbon "sinks", absorbing and storing vast amounts of carbon. Power companies, facing pressure to find alternatives to fossil fuels like coal, are increasingly proposing to burn whole trees for energy instead, which would not only emit a lot of carbon, but also destroy one of our best defenses against global warming.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- How does China's climate pledge stack up?
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 7/1/15
- South Korea Announces Climate Target in Advance of Paris Climate Agreement
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 6/30/15
- New York State's Fracking Ban is Official
- posted by Kate Sinding, 6/29/15