Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged ACES
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES)
Legislation to build the clean energy future
Index of Fact Sheets
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act, also known as the Waxman-Markey bill, has the major ingredients to generate millions of jobs, break our dependence on oil and reduce the pollution that causes global warming. Comprehensive energy and climate legislation will create the incentives necessary to build the clean energy economy and help make America a leader for the 21st century.
- A Clean Energy Bargain
More Jobs, Less Global Warming Pollution, and Greater Security for Less Than the Cost of a Postage Stamp a Day
- The United States took an important step toward economic recovery, environmental protection, and energy security when the House of Representatives passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES). This sound climate and clean energy legislation will protect the planet for less than the cost of a postage stamp a day per household, and represents a great investment in America's future — now it's up to the Senate to turn this bill into a law.
- Testimony of NRDC on the "American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009"
Presented before the U.S. House of Representatives, April 2009
- Testimony of NRDC president Frances Beinecke, David G. Hawkins and David Doniger before the U.S. House of Representatives on the "American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009"
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Reviving U.S.-India Cooperation on Climate Change During Secretary Kerry's Visit to New Delhi
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 6/19/13
- Two Top-Level "Post-2015" Reports to the UN Call for "Transformations" to Curb Climate Change and Secure a Sustainable Future
- posted by Jacob Scherr, 6/17/13
- Global Green and Ikea Are Bringing Emergency Solar to Sandy-Struck Neighborhoods. Let's Hope Energy Planners Follow Their Lead.
- posted by Kit Kennedy, 6/14/13