Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged transportation bill
- Opportunities to Improve Energy Security and the Environment through Transportation Policy
- Federal Transportation Policy Director Deron Lovaas defines energy and climate security challenges and then describes a set of measures that a renewed transportation bill should include to help tackle them. Specifically, he describes the promise of higher fuel economy performance of cars and trucks, transitioning to a pluggable fleet of vehicles, and working with the unusually broad, bipartisan Mobility Choice coalition on a ten-point plan for delivering fuel-efficient transportation options – such as trains and buses -- to American consumers. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged transportation bill in All Sections
- Federal Transportation Bill Should Cut Oil, Boost Economy
NRDC's Federal Transportation Policy Director Deron Lovaas testified before the House Transportation Committee on March 30, 2011, laying out the ways that upcoming federal transportation legislation can cut our addition to oil and boost our economy at the same time. Lovaas recommended that lawmakers focus on
1) investing in rail, transit, and other strategies that cut oil use and congestion;Get document in pdf.
2) prioritize maintenance and rehabilitation of the rest of our existing transportation system; and
3) leveraging innovative financing tools and performance standards to make the most of taxpayer dollars.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- State and Power Company Support for EPA's First-Ever Carbon Pollution Limits
- posted by Pete Altman, 1/29/15
- Obama and Modi Signal a Shift Towards Action on a Global Climate Deal
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/27/15
- 2014 Record Temperatures Put the Heat on Congress's Climate Deniers
- posted by David Doniger, 1/19/15