Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged water sustainability
- Climate Change, Water, and Risk
Current Water Demands Are Not Sustainable
- Climate change will have a significant impact on the sustainability of water supplies in the coming decades. An analysis performed by consulting firm Tetra Tech for NRDC examined the effects of global warming on water supply and demand in the contiguous United States. The study found that more than 1,100 counties -- one-third of all counties in the lower 48 -- will face higher risks of water shortages by mid-century as the result of global warming.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- How does China's climate pledge stack up?
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 7/1/15
- South Korea Announces Climate Target in Advance of Paris Climate Agreement
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 6/30/15
- New York State's Fracking Ban is Official
- posted by Kate Sinding, 6/29/15