Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged carbon assessment
- Tracking Carbon with Transparency
Improving Accuracy and Accountability in the International Global Warming Agreement
- Having a strong, credible, and transparent system for tracking greenhouse gas emissions and the actions of a country is an essential building block of an effective international system to address global warming. This was a key issue at the Copenhagen Climate Summit in 2009 as it was agreement on the elements of the transparency and accountability in the final hours that enabled the full package to be agreed upon by key countries. Resolving important details about how these pieces would be implemented has been a central part of the ongoing global warming negotiations. Advancing progress toward robust measurement, reporting, and verification systems is an imperative for the Cancun Climate Summit.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Long Beach City Council to review the Port's decision to Export Coal
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 8/18/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 8/15/14
- Council on Environmental Quality Declares Climate Change Already Covered in Environmental Impact Review, No New Regulations Needed
- posted by David Doniger, 8/13/14