Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged causes of global warming
- Global Warming Basics
What it is, how it's caused, and what needs to be done to stop it.
- Answers to questions including: What causes global warming? How can we cut global warming pollution?
- Coal in a Changing Climate
This index collects policy documents about the implications of the world's reliance on coal.
- This index collects policy documents about the implications of the world's reliance on coal.
- Global Warming Science: An Annotated Bibliography
A summary of recent findings on the changing global climate.
- In recent years, scientists have added considerably to the large body of evidence that shows that human activity is changing the global climate, raising temperatures and affecting ecosystems around the world.
- "Emissions Intensity" -- Pollution by Any Other Name?
Why emissions keep growing under the Bush administration plan.
- The Bush administration's voluntary approach to global warming focuses on reducing emissions intensity -- the ratio of carbon dioxide to a measure of economic output. But under the administration's plan, even as emissions intensity improves, total emissions will keep on rising. To combat global warming effectively, the government must focus its policy on reducing the total amount of heat-trapping pollution in the atmosphere.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Europe takes first step towards Paris agreement: Commits to next round of emissions cuts
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 10/24/14
- NRDC helping to launch local climate resiliency effort in North Carolina
- posted by Luis Martinez, 10/23/14
- What Senators Talk About When They Talk About "Collusion"
- posted by David Goldston, 10/16/14