Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged air pollution
- Testimony of David D. Doniger, Policy Director and Senior Attorney, Climate and Clean Air Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Hearing on the U.S. Agricultural Sector Relief Act of 2012 Subcommittee on Energy and Power-Committee on Energy and Commerce-House of Representatives-July 18, 2012 Get document in pdf.
- Boosting the Benefits
Improving Air Quality and Health by Reducing Global Warming Pollution in California
- California has the opportunity to combat global warming while simultaneously improving air quality and public health throughout the state. Measures being considered under the California Global Warming Solutions Act (AB 32) could save hundreds of lives and prevent thousands of other negative health impacts each year -- saving billions of dollars in healthcare costs.
- Sneezing and Wheezing
How Global Warming Could Increase Ragweed Allergies, Air Pollution and Asthma
- Global warming isn't just making our planet hotter. Scientific studies have also shown that our changing climate could mean more ozone pollution in some areas, intensifying health problems stemming from allergenic pollen such as ragweed. NRDC research, the first to map areas within the United States where ragweed and unhealthy ozone pollution overlap, shows that 110 million Americans live in areas with both ragweed and ozone problems.
- "Emissions Intensity" -- Pollution by Any Other Name?
Why emissions keep growing under the Bush administration plan.
- The Bush administration's voluntary approach to global warming focuses on reducing emissions intensity -- the ratio of carbon dioxide to a measure of economic output. But under the administration's plan, even as emissions intensity improves, total emissions will keep on rising. To combat global warming effectively, the government must focus its policy on reducing the total amount of heat-trapping pollution in the atmosphere.
Documents Tagged air pollution in All Sections
- Air Pollution from Fracking Threatens Public Health and Communities
- While the links between oil and gas extraction and potential health effects are well established, a growing body of new research points to associations between unconventional oil and gas development, specifically fracking, and health threats. Although health discussions, particularly in eastern states, have focused on drinking water contamination, there is mounting evidence for a range of health threats from air pollution as well.
- Dumping Dirty Diesels in Latin America
Reducing Black Carbon and Air Pollution from Diesel Engines in Latin American Countries
- Efforts to reduce black carbon emissions have become an increasingly important component of national and international efforts to fight global warming, particularly as recent studies have concluded that black carbon is the second most powerful climate warming pollutant after carbon dioxide.
- The Prevention and Control of Shipping and Port Emissions in China
- China is home to seven of the world's ten busiest container ports. About 26 percent of the world's containers pass through the top ten Chinese ports every year. Every ship and truck brings pollution along with its cargo.
- Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the U.S., 2014
- The Benchmarking project uses public data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States, and discusses market trends affecting the electric generating sector, including trends in fuel prices, technology developments, and environmental regulations.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Climate Change and Gender: Addressing Heat-Related Health Impacts on Women in India
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 2/27/15
- Celebrating Black Leadership on the Environment
- posted by Adrianna Quintero, 2/26/15
- Dr. Evil and polluters exposed (again) in attacks on Clean Power Plan
- posted by Aliya Haq, 2/24/15