Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged Hurricane Sandy
- Preparing for Climate Change: Lessons for Coastal Cities from Hurricane Sandy
- Scientists warn that the damage wreaked by Hurricane Sandy is a glimpse of what is to come with future storms as climate change fuels rising seas and more powerful extreme weather events. NRDC's analysis of the damage, in human terms, finds New York City woefully unprepared for this future.
- Hurricane Sandy: The Growing Threat of Climate Change
- Scientists warn that increasing levels of carbon pollution in the atmosphere are contributing to a warming world and rising seas that could lead to more destructive storms like Sandy in the future.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- 2014 Record Temperatures Put the Heat on Congress's Climate Deniers
- posted by David Doniger, 1/19/15
- Obama and Modi's Opportunity to Strengthen U.S.-India Clean Energy and Climate Cooperation
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/16/15
- India's Green Bond: Bright Example of Innovative Clean Energy Financing
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/8/15