Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged winter sports
- Climate Impacts on the Winter Tourism Economy in the United States
- The winter sports industry is deeply dependent upon predictable, heavy snowfall, but climate change is expected to contribute to warmer winters, reduced snowfall, and shorter snow seasons. In order to protect winter -- and the hundreds of thousands whose livelihoods depend upon a snow-filled season -- we must act now to support policies that protect our climate, and in turn, our slopes.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Post-Warsaw Op-Ed: How to Spur 'Green Growth' in India
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 12/4/13
- Renewable Energy Offers Best Hope, Not Threat
- posted by Noah Long, 12/4/13
- Study shows California can meet its climate goals
- posted by Peter Miller, 12/3/13