Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged winter sports
- Climate Impacts on the Winter Tourism Economy in the United States
- The winter sports industry is deeply dependent upon predictable, heavy snowfall, but climate change is expected to contribute to warmer winters, reduced snowfall, and shorter snow seasons. In order to protect winter -- and the hundreds of thousands whose livelihoods depend upon a snow-filled season -- we must act now to support policies that protect our climate, and in turn, our slopes.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- State and Power Company Support for EPA's First-Ever Carbon Pollution Limits
- posted by Pete Altman, 1/29/15
- Obama and Modi Signal a Shift Towards Action on a Global Climate Deal
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/27/15
- 2014 Record Temperatures Put the Heat on Congress's Climate Deniers
- posted by David Doniger, 1/19/15