Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged Arctic
- An Interview with Elizabeth Kolbert
- New Yorker writer Elizabeth Kolbert speaks with NRDC's Phil Gutis about storytelling's role in solving global warming.
- Polar Thaw: Global Warming in the Arctic and Antarctic
Photographs from 'World View of Global Warming' by Gary Braasch
- Award-winning photographer Gary Braasch undertook his 'World View of Global Warming' project to document the impacts of global climate change, continent by continent. These photographs illustrate his visits to the Earth's polar caps, where temperature changes have so far been the most pronounced.
Documents Tagged Arctic in All Sections
- Shell Oil's Arctic Drilling Accidents
- The wreck of Shell's Arctic drilling rig is just the latest in a long string of incidents that illustrates like nothing better just how dangerous it is to drill in the Arctic.
- The Beaufort and Chukchi Seas
Protecting America’s Arctic
- Aggressive government interest in leasing areas to the oil and gas industries in the zone referred to as the “Arctic Ring of Life”—home to millions of migratory birds, polar bears, beluga whales, endangered bowhead whales, and thousands-year-old Inupiat (Eskimo) culture—threatens the sustainability of this ecosystem and the livelihood of Alaska Native communities. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- California Leads on Reducing Methane Emissions from Oil & Gas Operations
- posted by Briana Mordick, 2/5/16
- Will McConnell Swallow Inhofe's Climate Denial Bait?
- posted by Pete Altman, 1/28/16
- Good News: China's Dropping Coal Consumption Is Putting the Brakes on Global Carbon Emissions
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 1/27/16