Environmental Issues: Global Warming
All Documents in Global Warming Tagged renewable energy
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Buying Carbon Offsets: What You Need to Know
When combined with other energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel.
- When combined with other personal energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel. But the key is to shrink your own carbon output first.
- An Introduction to Climate Change
What it could mean to you and your family
- Climate change is changing our economy, health and communities in diverse ways. Scientists warn that if we do not aggressively curb climate change now, the results will likely be disastrous.
- From Crisis to Opportunity
How China is Addressing Climate Change and Positioning Itself to be a Leader in Clean Energy
- China and the United States are the world’s largest emitters of global warming pollution, and as both nations face an increasing dependence on foreign oil and dirty coal, their joint leadership is crucially needed to address global climate change and move the world to a clean energy economy. To combat global warming, China has committed to reduce its carbon intensity by 40 to 45 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, increase the share of non-fossil energy in its primary energy consumption to around 15 percent by 2020, and increase forest coverage.To meet these targets, China is moving to strategically establish itself as a leader in developing and deploying the clean energy solutions of the future: wind and solar power; advanced coal technology; electric vehicles, advanced batteries and high-speed rail; smart grid technology; and more energy efficient industries, buildings, lighting, and appliances.Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged renewable energy in All Sections
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
- NRDC’s Second Annual Energy Report, 2014
Positive Energy Trends Bode Well for U.S. Security and the Economy
- For decades, America's energy news trended from bad to worse, beginning with the oil crises of the 1970s. However, NRDC recently conducted an exhaustive analysis that found a remarkable turnaround. Based on key economic, security, and environmental indicators, the state of the U.S. energy economy has never been better. And in an era of escalating Mideast turmoil and gyrating oil prices, this accumulated resilience could hardly be more timely.
- Renewable Energy in India
Employment Potential and Financing Solutions for Solar and Wind Energy
- Harnessing clean and renewable energy sources can help meet energy needs in a sustainable way and the growth of wind and solar power in India offers tremendous opportunities to create domestic jobs.
- Clean Energy in Chile
Powering Chile’s Future with Renewables and Efficiency
- Chile can meet its energy demands in the coming decades through a variety of "non-conventional renewable energy" (NCRE) sources and energy efficiency technologies supplementing its existing generation base.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Europe takes first step towards Paris agreement: Commits to next round of emissions cuts
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 10/24/14
- NRDC helping to launch local climate resiliency effort in North Carolina
- posted by Luis Martinez, 10/23/14
- What Senators Talk About When They Talk About "Collusion"
- posted by David Goldston, 10/16/14