Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged gas drilling
- Don't Drill and Drive
Expanding Oil and Gas Drilling to Boost Transportation Funding Doesn't Add Up
- There appears to be bipartisan support in Congress for reauthorizing surface transportation legislation in the coming year, however a major roadblock remains: Finding a way to pay for the infrastructure improvements that America so badly needs. The current tax on gasoline purchases cannot fully cover the costs of repairing and upgrading -- let alone expanding -- our country's vast network of bridges, roads and mass transit systems. Failing to efficiently move people and products around the country hurts America's economy and costs all of us time, money and patience. Recently, Republican leaders in Congress proposed filling the revenue hole in the Highway Trust Fund by using royalty fees from new oil and gas drilling. Linking the highway bill to expanded domestic energy production is not a sensible way to meet the nation's transportation needs. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged gas drilling in All Sections
- Fracking's Most Wanted: Lifting the Veil on Oil and Gas Company Spills and Violations
- States need new policies and regulations to ensure that the public can easily find information on violations by companies that drill for oil and gas, and that illegal acts are being recorded.
- Air Pollution from Fracking Threatens Public Health and Communities
- While the links between oil and gas extraction and potential health effects are well established, a growing body of new research points to associations between unconventional oil and gas development, specifically fracking, and health threats. Although health discussions, particularly in eastern states, have focused on drinking water contamination, there is mounting evidence for a range of health threats from air pollution as well.
- Unchecked Fracking Threatens Health, Water Supplies
The rapid expansion of natural gas drilling across the nation endangers human health and the environment.
- The oil and gas industry is seeking to expand natural gas production across the nation, as new technology makes it easier to extract gas from previously inaccessible sites. NRDC supports establishing a fully effective system of safeguards for hydraulic fracturing to protect our health and land and is committed to working with the federal government, states, communities and industry to put these safeguards into place right away.
- Fracking: Community Defense
People are speaking out and standing up
- We are joining the expertise of NRDC's policy and legal teams with the grassroots power of communities facing fracking in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois and California. Our goals is to strengthen and support the ability of communities to protect themselves by establishing strong legal precedents for local control, helping communities craft effective local laws on fracking.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Sharing Economy and Future Metro Transportation Sales Tax Measure: Building Transit and Making Connections to Reduce Gridlock and Pollution
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/31/15
- Making the Impossible Possible? The Senate Moves the DRIVE Act
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/25/15
- Speeding Toward a New Paradigm: Integration and Innovation in the Sharing Economy
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/8/15