Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged hybrids
- Electric Cars, Hybrids and Other Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
Getting tomorrow’s cars on the roads today will create jobs, cut fuel bills and air pollution, and reduce our dependence on oil.
- Focusing on fuel-efficiency and plug-in vehicles will help spur the innovation we need to make cleaner cars and trucks a critical part of a new, clean energy economy.
Documents Tagged hybrids in All Sections
- High Gas Prices: Supply, Demand and the Oil Industry’s Monopoly on Transportation
Efficiency and Better Cars Will Fuel America Faster than Drilling
- With such a meager share of global oil, no amount of domestic drilling will make a dent in our dependence on foreign imports, despite what Big Oil would have us believe. The only way to take back control over our energy future is to move toward more efficient cars and trucks, cleaner fuels, and more transportation options for Americans.
- Grasping Green Car Technology
- New fuel-efficient, less-polluting vehicles are powered by technologies that aren't always familiar. If you're considering buying one, you may be concerned not only with how it handles, but how well it will hold up over time, what it might cost to maintain, and if it will be as good for the environment (and your wallet) as claimed. Fortunately, with a little information, the brave new world of greener alternative fuels and drivetrains is easy to grasp.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Importance of Pedestrian Friendliness: A Photo Essay
- posted by David Goldstein, 6/26/15
- Reverse DRIVE: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in a Proposed Highway Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/24/15
- Remaking California's Transportation System for People and Their Environment (Audio)
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 6/23/15