Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged biofuels
- Cleaner Fuels
It’s time to move beyond oil and develop cleaner fuels to run America’s cars, trucks and buses.
- Running our cars and trucks on cleaner fuels like biofuels and electricity, and stopping dirty alternatives, is a critical part of developing a new energy economy.
Documents Tagged biofuels in All Sections
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Enviva’s Wood Pellet Mill in Ahoskie, North Carolina Threatens Endangered Ecosystems and Wildlife
- Conversions of large coal-burning power plants to wood (co-)firing in Europe have resulted in the explosive growth of wood pellet exports from North America, most of which originate in the forests of the southern United States. Enviva, the South's largest exporter of wood pellets, currently leads this market and has some of the most biologically diverse and valuable forest ecosystems in the world in its crosshairs.
- Aviation Biofuel Sustainability Survey
- To assess the current state of aviation biofuel sustainability certification, and to support the use of certification in the aviation fuel supply chain, NRDC has generated its inaugural Aviation Biofuel Sustainability Survey.
- A Greener Biofuels Tax Credit
The Path to Better Biofuels
- Next-generation biofuels have the potential to deliver better environmental performance -- reduced lifecycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and farming practices that result in cleaner water and healthier soils -- with less impact on food and feed prices.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- International Scorecard Highlights Room for Improvement in Energy Efficiency
- posted by Merrian Borgeson, 7/22/14
- What Big Oil Isn't Telling You About California's Clean Energy Law
- posted by Simon Mui, 7/10/14
- Moving beyond "smart growth" to a more holistic city agenda
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 7/8/14