Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged biofuels
- Cleaner Fuels
It’s time to move beyond oil and develop cleaner fuels to run America’s cars, trucks and buses.
- Running our cars and trucks on cleaner fuels like biofuels and electricity, and stopping dirty alternatives, is a critical part of developing a new energy economy.
Documents Tagged biofuels in All Sections
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
- Aviation Biofuel Sustainability Survey
- To assess the current state of aviation biofuel sustainability certification, and to support the use of certification in the aviation fuel supply chain, NRDC has generated its inaugural Aviation Biofuel Sustainability Survey.
- Enviva’s Wood Pellet Mill in Ahoskie, North Carolina Threatens Endangered Ecosystems and Wildlife
- Conversions of large coal-burning power plants to wood (co-)firing in Europe have resulted in the explosive growth of wood pellet exports from North America, most of which originate in the forests of the southern United States. Enviva, the South's largest exporter of wood pellets, currently leads this market and has some of the most biologically diverse and valuable forest ecosystems in the world in its crosshairs.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Refocusing on the Bus
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 2/26/15
- Smooth Sailing for First Auction with Gasoline under the Climate Pollution Cap, and More Benefits to Communities
- posted by Merrian Borgeson, 2/25/15
- Op-Ed Makes a Wrong Turn on Electric Vehicles
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 2/20/15