Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged urban planning
- Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area Trends, Preferences, and Opportunities
2010 to 2030 and to 2040
- The most influential drivers of the form, location, and nature of development in metropolitan Columbus since the 1970s are undergoing fundamental changes. Understanding these new drivers and their implications for the built environment, and planning for and shaping the regions' growth in recognition of these new drivers, may be major factors in determining the area's future economic competitiveness.
Documents Tagged urban planning in All Sections
- Picturing Smart Growth
Visions for Sustainable Communities Across America
Cities and towns across the country are embracing smart growth as a better solution to meet the needs of their growing populations. Smart growth principles accommodate growth and development while saving open space, revitalizing neighborhoods and helping cool the planet. See visions created through photo-editing software for how 70 communities across the country could apply smart growth principles to improve their streets and neighborhoods.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Pedal Power - Making a Difference Two Wheels at a Time
- posted by Makenzi Rasey, 5/14/15
- Fund the Gap: The MTA needs a fully funded 5 year capital plan
- posted by Richard Schrader, 5/11/15
- Serial Part III: We know where the transportation money is going, and we're not impressed ... yet
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 5/8/15