Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged fuel efficiency
- Big Fuel Savings Available in New Trucks
Strong standards can reduce freight truck fuel consumption by 40 percent
- New federal fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, which will be implemented in two phases, can dramatically reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from trucks on the nation's roads. Strong standards can improve our energy security and cut heat-trapping emissions while saving money for truckers and fleets.
- Domestic Oil Drilling
Still Not a Solution to Rising Gas Prices
- More domestic oil drilling will have no effect on the current spike in gasoline prices. It’s time to move beyond our dependence on oil and seek alternatives such as clean energy and fuel efficiency.
- Electric Cars, Hybrids and Other Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
Getting tomorrow’s cars on the roads today will create jobs, cut fuel bills and air pollution, and reduce our dependence on oil.
- Focusing on fuel-efficiency and plug-in vehicles will help spur the innovation we need to make cleaner cars and trucks a critical part of a new, clean energy economy.
Documents Tagged fuel efficiency in All Sections
- High Gas Prices: Supply, Demand and the Oil Industry’s Monopoly on Transportation
Efficiency and Better Cars Will Fuel America Faster than Drilling
- With such a meager share of global oil, no amount of domestic drilling will make a dent in our dependence on foreign imports, despite what Big Oil would have us believe. The only way to take back control over our energy future is to move toward more efficient cars and trucks, cleaner fuels, and more transportation options for Americans.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Car(e)-free 17 days and counting
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 3/26/15
- Cars Are Getting Cleaner and Driving Job Growth
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 3/26/15
- Latin America Green News: Vatican denounces Amazon deforestation, Vaquita Marina close to extinction, Vehicle exchange in Costa Rica
- posted by Maria Martinez, 3/9/15