Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged fuel efficiency
- Big Fuel Savings Available in New Trucks
Strong standards can reduce freight truck fuel consumption by 40 percent
- New federal fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, which will be implemented in two phases, can dramatically reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from trucks on the nation's roads. Strong standards can improve our energy security and cut heat-trapping emissions while saving money for truckers and fleets.
- Domestic Oil Drilling
Still Not a Solution to Rising Gas Prices
- More domestic oil drilling will have no effect on the current spike in gasoline prices. It’s time to move beyond our dependence on oil and seek alternatives such as clean energy and fuel efficiency.
- Electric Cars, Hybrids and Other Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
Getting tomorrow’s cars on the roads today will create jobs, cut fuel bills and air pollution, and reduce our dependence on oil.
- Focusing on fuel-efficiency and plug-in vehicles will help spur the innovation we need to make cleaner cars and trucks a critical part of a new, clean energy economy.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Sharing Economy and Future Metro Transportation Sales Tax Measure: Building Transit and Making Connections to Reduce Gridlock and Pollution
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/31/15
- Making the Impossible Possible? The Senate Moves the DRIVE Act
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/25/15
- Speeding Toward a New Paradigm: Integration and Innovation in the Sharing Economy
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/8/15