Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged public transit
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Pedal Power - Making a Difference Two Wheels at a Time
- posted by Makenzi Rasey, 5/14/15
- Fund the Gap: The MTA needs a fully funded 5 year capital plan
- posted by Richard Schrader, 5/11/15
- Serial Part III: We know where the transportation money is going, and we're not impressed ... yet
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 5/8/15