Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged public transit
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Big Oil's California Battleground
- posted by Peter Lehner, 9/20/14
- Latin America Green News: A climate change tower in the Amazon, greener railroad transportation in Mexico, the first 100% solar-powered city in Chile
- posted by Carolina Herrera, 9/19/14
- Zombie Highway Projects
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 9/19/14