Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged public transit
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Latin America Green News: green tax in Chile, blue carbon in Costa Rica, transparent processes requested for Cabo Dorado in Mexico
- posted by Denée Reaves, 4/14/14
- Driving Into an Age of Increasing Oil Freedom
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 4/9/14
- Yes, Climate Change Is Here: Yes, We Can Solve It
- posted by Peter Lehner, 4/7/14