Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged public transit
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Zombie Highway Projects
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 9/19/14
- Rethinking "Free" Parking Policies
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 9/15/14
- How three little letters can make such a big difference: LOS, meet VMT.
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/2/14