Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged public transit
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Focusing on the Basics of Life Will Save Us (And the Planet)
- posted by Shelley Poticha, 4/22/15
- Greenroads: Certifying Streets as Green
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 4/17/15
- Listen to our new serial: California's transportation transformation
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 4/15/15