Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged traffic
- Is Driving Driving the Economy?
Research Shows We Can Thrive More With Less Traffic
- The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has examined the connection between traffic and economic development. What is the relationship between America’s gross domestic product (GDP) and the amount Americans drive,or vehicle miles travelled (VMT)? The answer to this question is vital if we want to both revive a flagging economy and keep our air free of pollution. Fortunately, a look at recent trends and the relationships between VMT, GDP, and household income show that the amount we drive, in fact, does not drive economic growth. Get document in pdf.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 8/15/14
- Showdown, then Breakdown, on Transportation Lawmaking in Congress
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 8/7/14
- California and Mexico to Forge Shared Solutions on Climate Change and the Economy
- posted by Victoria Rome, 7/25/14