Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged traffic
- Is Driving Driving the Economy?
Research Shows We Can Thrive More With Less Traffic
- The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has examined the connection between traffic and economic development. What is the relationship between America’s gross domestic product (GDP) and the amount Americans drive,or vehicle miles travelled (VMT)? The answer to this question is vital if we want to both revive a flagging economy and keep our air free of pollution. Fortunately, a look at recent trends and the relationships between VMT, GDP, and household income show that the amount we drive, in fact, does not drive economic growth. Get document in pdf.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Why Gov. Brown's Goal of Cutting Oil Use in Half Can be Done
- posted by Simon Mui, 1/6/15
- Five Things to Know About California's Historic Step to Limit Carbon Pollution from Transportation Fuels
- posted by Alex Jackson, 12/29/14
- Look beyond the Headlines: New Study Actually Supports EVs as Cleaner than Gasoline
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 12/18/14