Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged vehicle miles traveled
- Is Driving Driving the Economy?
Research Shows We Can Thrive More With Less Traffic
- The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has examined the connection between traffic and economic development. What is the relationship between America’s gross domestic product (GDP) and the amount Americans drive,or vehicle miles travelled (VMT)? The answer to this question is vital if we want to both revive a flagging economy and keep our air free of pollution. Fortunately, a look at recent trends and the relationships between VMT, GDP, and household income show that the amount we drive, in fact, does not drive economic growth. Get document in pdf.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Time to Pump Up Transit
- posted by Rob Perks, 6/19/13
- Trade in Your Car for This App
- posted by Peter Lehner, 6/8/13
- Latin America Green News: proposed dams meet new hurdles in Chile; a new climate change strategy helps combat negative impacts in Mexico; Costa Rica imports clean cars.
- posted by Denée Reaves, 6/7/13