Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged VMT
- Is Driving Driving the Economy?
Research Shows We Can Thrive More With Less Traffic
- The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has examined the connection between traffic and economic development. What is the relationship between America’s gross domestic product (GDP) and the amount Americans drive,or vehicle miles travelled (VMT)? The answer to this question is vital if we want to both revive a flagging economy and keep our air free of pollution. Fortunately, a look at recent trends and the relationships between VMT, GDP, and household income show that the amount we drive, in fact, does not drive economic growth. Get document in pdf.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Pope's Climate Week visit adds imperative to the growing progress on climate
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/24/15
- Study: Electric Vehicles Can Dramatically Reduce Carbon Pollution from Transportation, and Improve Air Quality
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 9/17/15
- Here's how we can cut petroleum dependence: use the Transportation Special Session to give Californians real transportation choices
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/11/15