Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Kick 2015 into Gear & Share a Ride to an Amazing Conference - or Learn How
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 1/30/15
- New Study Provides Evidence that Minorities and Low-Income Communities are Disproportionately Impacted by Roadway Pollution, and Demonstrates a Better Approach to Determine Future Vehicle Pollution
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 1/23/15
- Why Gov. Brown's Goal of Cutting Oil Use in Half Can be Done
- posted by Simon Mui, 1/6/15