Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Refocusing on the Bus
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 2/26/15
- Smooth Sailing for First Auction with Gasoline under the Climate Pollution Cap, and More Benefits to Communities
- posted by Merrian Borgeson, 2/25/15
- Op-Ed Makes a Wrong Turn on Electric Vehicles
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 2/20/15