Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Proposing an Overdue Oil and Climate Security Fee
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 2/5/16
- The Story of the Little Tokyo that Could...and Will
- posted by Shelley Poticha, 1/26/16
- Clearing the Air in India's Polluted Cities
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 1/15/16