Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Fuel Economy Hits Record High: EPA Report
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 12/12/13
- How bus rapid transit is cleaning the air and saving commute time in Mexico City and Istanbul
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 12/11/13
- Shifting Gears: The New Direction of the Auto Industry
- posted by David Murray, 12/7/13