Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- California and Mexico to Forge Shared Solutions on Climate Change and the Economy
- posted by Victoria Rome, 7/25/14
- Poll: Overwhelming Support for Climate Action, Holding Polluters Accountable
- posted by Simon Mui, 7/24/14
- International Scorecard Highlights Room for Improvement in Energy Efficiency
- posted by Merrian Borgeson, 7/22/14