Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Latin America Green News: A new threat faces Chile's penguins, energy use for transportation rises in Costa Rica, new online biodiversity tool in Mexico
- posted by Denée Reaves, 12/6/13
- We're driving less, taking transit more. Now let's invest accordingly.
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 12/5/13
- The Tussle Over Transit in the Triangle
- posted by Rob Perks, 11/15/13