Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Importance of Pedestrian Friendliness: A Photo Essay
- posted by David Goldstein, 6/26/15
- Reverse DRIVE: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in a Proposed Highway Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/24/15
- Remaking California's Transportation System for People and Their Environment (Audio)
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 6/23/15