Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Why Gov. Brown's Goal of Cutting Oil Use in Half Can be Done
- posted by Simon Mui, 1/6/15
- Five Things to Know About California's Historic Step to Limit Carbon Pollution from Transportation Fuels
- posted by Alex Jackson, 12/29/14
- Look beyond the Headlines: New Study Actually Supports EVs as Cleaner than Gasoline
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 12/18/14