Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Sharing Economy and Future Metro Transportation Sales Tax Measure: Building Transit and Making Connections to Reduce Gridlock and Pollution
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/31/15
- Making the Impossible Possible? The Senate Moves the DRIVE Act
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/25/15
- Speeding Toward a New Paradigm: Integration and Innovation in the Sharing Economy
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/8/15