Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged carpooling
- Driving Commuter Choice in America
- A recent study by NRDC shows that Americans average close to three trillion miles on the road each year -- that's enough to travel to the sun and back 16,000 times. Personal transportation -- driving our cars, trucks and SUVs to and from work, school, shopping and recreation -- is responsible for about 20 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Governor Brown Signs Pathbreaking Climate and Clean Energy Legislation
- posted by Annie Notthoff, 10/7/15
- Vancouver, Canada: A City on Bikes with Lessons for Los Angeles
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 10/7/15
- Pope's Climate Week visit adds imperative to the growing progress on climate
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/24/15