Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged LukeTonachel
- Big Fuel Savings Available in New Trucks
Strong standards can reduce freight truck fuel consumption by 40 percent
- New federal fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, which will be implemented in two phases, can dramatically reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from trucks on the nation's roads. Strong standards can improve our energy security and cut heat-trapping emissions while saving money for truckers and fleets.
Documents Tagged LukeTonachel in All Sections
- What’s in Your Tank? Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States Need to Reject Tar Sands and Support Clean Fuels
- Oil industry plans could cause a dramatic increase in the use of tar sands-derived gasoline in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states, a shift that would move the region backwards in its efforts to fight climate change.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Why Gov. Brown's Goal of Cutting Oil Use in Half Can be Done
- posted by Simon Mui, 1/6/15
- Five Things to Know About California's Historic Step to Limit Carbon Pollution from Transportation Fuels
- posted by Alex Jackson, 12/29/14
- Look beyond the Headlines: New Study Actually Supports EVs as Cleaner than Gasoline
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 12/18/14