Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged LukeTonachel
- Big Fuel Savings Available in New Trucks
Strong standards can reduce freight truck fuel consumption by 40 percent
- New federal fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, which will be implemented in two phases, can dramatically reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from trucks on the nation's roads. Strong standards can improve our energy security and cut heat-trapping emissions while saving money for truckers and fleets.
Documents Tagged LukeTonachel in All Sections
- What’s in Your Tank? Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States Need to Reject Tar Sands and Support Clean Fuels
- Oil industry plans could cause a dramatic increase in the use of tar sands-derived gasoline in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states, a shift that would move the region backwards in its efforts to fight climate change.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Car(e)-free 17 days and counting
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 3/26/15
- Cars Are Getting Cleaner and Driving Job Growth
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 3/26/15
- Latin America Green News: Vatican denounces Amazon deforestation, Vaquita Marina close to extinction, Vehicle exchange in Costa Rica
- posted by Maria Martinez, 3/9/15