Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged trucks
- Big Fuel Savings Available in New Trucks
Strong standards can reduce freight truck fuel consumption by 40 percent
- New federal fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, which will be implemented in two phases, can dramatically reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from trucks on the nation's roads. Strong standards can improve our energy security and cut heat-trapping emissions while saving money for truckers and fleets.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Fuel Economy Continues Upward Climb to New Record
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 10/8/14
- Setting the record straight on the Governor's CEQA reform proposal
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 10/2/14
- New report shows how to reduce vehicle pollution, create financial savings on a global scale
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 9/30/14