Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged clean energy
- Testimony of Transportation Director Roland Hwang on historic clean car standards
- Testimony of Transportation Director Roland Hwang, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), for the October 12, 2011 on the historic clean car standards before the Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending.
Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged clean energy in All Sections
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
- Sustainability Certification for Biofuels
- Large fuel purchasers are increasingly turning to biofuels to improve their environmental performance. These efforts are well intentioned but warrant caution. While biofuels can certainly provide environmental benefits, they can also cause severe damage if produced unsustainably, because biofuel feedstocks are inextricably linked to land, water, and wildlife.
- Bridging the Clean Energy Divide: Affordable Clean Energy Solutions for Today and Tomorrow
- The impacts of pollution often hit the poor the hardest. And experts predict that climate change will worsen the situation. However, the shift to clean energy offers a chance to prevent the worst impacts of climate change, while lessening the toll that dirty fossil fuels are currently wreaking on some of our most vulnerable communities.
- Clean or Dirty Air? Congress Has a Choice
Tell congress to support clean energy, not big polluters
- Don't let polluters turn back the clock. Tell Congress to restore clean energy incentives.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Governor Brown Signs Pathbreaking Climate and Clean Energy Legislation
- posted by Annie Notthoff, 10/7/15
- Vancouver, Canada: A City on Bikes with Lessons for Los Angeles
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 10/7/15
- Pope's Climate Week visit adds imperative to the growing progress on climate
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/24/15