Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged clean energy
- Testimony of Transportation Director Roland Hwang on historic clean car standards
- Testimony of Transportation Director Roland Hwang, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), for the October 12, 2011 on the historic clean car standards before the Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending.
Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged clean energy in All Sections
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
- Sustainability Certification for Biofuels
- Large fuel purchasers are increasingly turning to biofuels to improve their environmental performance. These efforts are well intentioned but warrant caution. While biofuels can certainly provide environmental benefits, they can also cause severe damage if produced unsustainably, because biofuel feedstocks are inextricably linked to land, water, and wildlife.
- Clean or Dirty Air? Congress Has a Choice
Tell congress to support clean energy, not big polluters
- Don't let polluters turn back the clock. Tell Congress to restore clean energy incentives.
- State Renewable Portfolio Standards Create Jobs and Promote Clean Energy
Renewable Portfolio Standards attract new industries, create jobs, and keep state businesses competitive, while encouraging development of renewable power like wind, solar, and biomass.
- Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) move states toward clean, renewable energy by requiring that a percentage of a state’s electricity sold or generated must come from renewable sources within a certain time period. These statutes have enjoyed strong bipartisan support because of their proven ability to attract new industries, create jobs, and keep state businesses competitive, while encouraging development of renewable power like wind, solar, and biomass.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Rethinking "Free" Parking Policies
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 9/15/14
- How three little letters can make such a big difference: LOS, meet VMT.
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 9/2/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 8/15/14