Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged renewable energy
- Cleaner Fuels
It’s time to move beyond oil and develop cleaner fuels to run America’s cars, trucks and buses.
- Running our cars and trucks on cleaner fuels like biofuels and electricity, and stopping dirty alternatives, is a critical part of developing a new energy economy.
Documents Tagged renewable energy in All Sections
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
- A Brighter Future: Shifting the Way We Develop Renewable Energy on Public Lands
- Renewable energy potential in the U.S. is significant, and our public lands can play an important role in helping to transition our economy to a clean energy future. The Department of the Interior is moving to a smarter, landscape-level approach to developing energy resources that facilitates development in the best places while safeguarding the most important values for future generations.
- Think Wood Pellets are Green? Think Again.
- Biomass is often described as a clean, renewable fuel and a greener alternative to coal and other fossil fuels for producing electricity. But recent science shows that many forms of biomass -- especially from forests -- produce higher carbon emissions compared to fossil fuels.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Importance of Pedestrian Friendliness: A Photo Essay
- posted by David Goldstein, 6/26/15
- Reverse DRIVE: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in a Proposed Highway Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/24/15
- Remaking California's Transportation System for People and Their Environment (Audio)
- posted by Amanda Eaken, 6/23/15