Environmental Issues: Transportation
All Documents in Transportation Tagged energy
- Electric Cars, Hybrids and Other Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
Getting tomorrow’s cars on the roads today will create jobs, cut fuel bills and air pollution, and reduce our dependence on oil.
- Focusing on fuel-efficiency and plug-in vehicles will help spur the innovation we need to make cleaner cars and trucks a critical part of a new, clean energy economy.
Documents Tagged energy in All Sections
- NRDC's India Initiative on Climate Change and Clean Energy
- India is emerging both as an economic powerhouse and a global environmental leader. As India's economy charges ahead, the country needs to produce more energy to provide a better life for its people, many of whom live in rural areas and are very poor. At the same time, India has recognized that tackling climate change is in its own national interests.
- Unmasked: The Oil Industry Campaign to Undermine California’s Clean Energy Future
Millions Spent on Front Groups, Lobbying, and Scare Tactics to Keep Californians Dependent on Oil
- California's climate and clean energy policies reduce dependence on oil. By 2030, they will enable Californians to save more than $2,000 per household on gasoline and avoid the need to drive 14 billion miles each year. With the petroleum fuels sector scheduled to begin paying for its portion of climate pollution in January 2015, oil companies have intensified their campaign to undermine the clean energy policies that will reduce their market share.
- Leaking Profits
The U.S. Oil and Gas Industry Can Reduce Pollution, Conserve Resources, and Make Money by Preventing Methane Waste
- Methane makes up as much as 90 percent of natural gas, and significant amounts of methane are wasted when natural gas is extracted by fracking or other techniques. Preventing the leakage and venting of methane from natural gas facilities would reduce pollution, enhance air quality, improve human health, and conserve energy resources.
- A Greener Biofuels Tax Credit
The Path to Better Biofuels
- Next-generation biofuels have the potential to deliver better environmental performance -- reduced lifecycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and farming practices that result in cleaner water and healthier soils -- with less impact on food and feed prices.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Sharing Economy and Future Metro Transportation Sales Tax Measure: Building Transit and Making Connections to Reduce Gridlock and Pollution
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/31/15
- Making the Impossible Possible? The Senate Moves the DRIVE Act
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/25/15
- Speeding Toward a New Paradigm: Integration and Innovation in the Sharing Economy
- posted by Fernando Cazares, 7/8/15