Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged appliances
- Saving Water and Energy through Clothes Washer Replacement
- Clothes washers use significant amounts of water for washing -- they represent up to 20 percent of a typical household's indoor water usage. The good news is that they have become much more efficient in the past two decades. Between 1987 and 2010, the average energy use of clothes washers has declined by 75 percent.
Documents Tagged appliances in All Sections
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
Consumers get lower utility bills, and we all get a cleaner environment.
- Energy efficient appliances are good for consumers and the environment. They won't solve our energy problems by themselves, but there are many reasons why they are a step in the right direction.
- How to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
Tips for conserving electricity and cutting your energy costs
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy represent the fastest, cleanest and least expensive ways to reduce our electricity use -- and our dependence on oil. Here, some tips on doing just that, for both individuals and businesses -- along with links to other resources that will help you conserve even more.
- Strong U.S. Energy Efficiency Standards: Decades of Using Energy Smarter
The U.S. Appliance Standards Program Has a Long History of Success, Bipartisan Support, and Saving Americans Money
- Wasted energy means wasted money. National energy efficiency standards that the U.S. Department of Energy is establishing for more than 50 types of household appliances and commercial products in our homes, businesses, and industries help cut that energy waste: they set a dependable minimum level of energy efficiency that all Americans can count on to reduce energy waste and lower their energy bills.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- New Public Polling Research Shows Americans Want Clean Water Safeguards
- posted by Jon Devine, 1/22/15
- NY State of State 2015: Time to Go All-In on Clean Energy, Safe Water & Local Food
- posted by Richard Schrader, 1/13/15
- Latin America Green News: record deforestation in Paraguay, renewables in Nicaragua, World Bank suggests carbon tax for Peru
- posted by Maria Martinez, 1/12/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.